klärofix – for all filtration levels up to 50 PE
SBR technology with high operational reliability and low operational costs.
In every klärofix you will find the experience from 25,000 small wastewater treatment plants with more than 125,000 satisfied customers.
klärofix stands for quality adapted to your needs:
- for 4 to 50 population equivalents (PE)
- all filtration levels (C, N, D, +H, +P)
- for the installation in a new concrete or PE tank or for retrofitting an existing tank
- latest CE-certificates as proof of the cleaning performance
- a new innovative dimensioning makes our small wastewater treatment plant insensitive to overload and underload
- high-quality klärcontrol® control unit with optional remote monitoring device
- continuous, hydrostatic and maintenance-free air measurement with fully automatic evaluation in the control unit (no float switch)
- modular design for later adjustments of the filtration level without earth works
- use of high-quality materials, like wastewater resistant plastics and stainless steel
Functioning / Quick cleaning
Clean water in one cycle: Trust the SBR method.
The SBR method is one of the oldest and most proven treatment procedures. In contrast to other methods where three cleaning stages are necessary, with this procedure two are sufficient.
The mechanical preliminary cleaning takes place in phase one, the biological cleaning as well as the secondary cleaning take place combined in one chamber. Thus, a separate secondary cleaning tank is not necessary.
In computer-controlled intervals, the wastewater gets from the primary treatment tank into the SBR reactor.
By input of air, the wastewater circulates and the bacteria are supplied with sufficient oxygen.
The wastewater separates, the sludge solids sink down, the cleaned wastewater remains on top.
Clearwater removal phase
The cleaned wastewater is removed, the excess sludge is pumped back into the primary treatment tank. A new circle starts.
Cost efficiency / Low costs
Invest in quality and save money!
During the years, different kinds of operational costs occur when having a small wastewater treatment plant. As you have to operate a plant for various years, you should especially pay attention to cost efficiency.
Our klärofix is Germany’s most economical SBR small wastewater treatment plant. We do not only claim that – it is proved. The energy costs for the operation of the plant drop to a minimum and stay there.
A klärofix control unit needs less power than an energy saving lamp.
Depending on the cleaning performance (filtration level C or D) klärofix small wastewater treatment plant for 4 persons needs all in all between 0.33 kWh and 0.47 kWh per day. This equals 30.11 or 42.89 Euros per year. (estimated price of 0.25 EUR/kWh)
Other technical small wastewater treatment plants with the same cleaning performance for 4 PE need up to 180 Euros per year.
The values revealed are no manufacturer specifications but rather determined by an independent testing institute. Every manufacturer of small wastewater treatment plants is obligated to have those examinations. Ask for the test reports! If you do not receive an independent test report, there is a good reason!
During the years, different kinds of operational costs occur when having a small wastewater treatment plant. Those are comprised of three cost blocks. Besides energy costs, maintenance and service costs, the sludge disposal costs rank among the most expensive. Unfortunately, when purchasing a plant, the sludge disposal costs are hardly ever taken into account.
What is sludge disposal?
There is faecal sludge in every type of small wastewater treatment plant. It consists on the one hand of the settled solids of the preliminary stage, on the other hand of dead bacteria from the biological cleaning process. At a certain sludge level, the sludge must be disposed of – the prechamber must be emptied. This is to avoid that the solids reach the biology.
The sludge disposal intervals of each small wastewater treatment plant influence the cleaning performance strongly. They are an important condition for a functioning small wastewater treatment plant.
Sludge treatment with the sludge-to-mineral technology?
Sludge disposal intervals of more than five years is nothing new for klärofix customers. There is more to it than you might expect at first. Namely extensive experience and a special technology for the sludge treatment of small wastewater treatment plants – the so-called sludge-to-mineral technology (s2m).
What is the s2m technology?
The s2m technology is a special dimensioning in conjunction with a special process management.
This process technology, especially developed for klärofix small wastewater treatment plants results in a high degree of mineralization (thickening/compaction) of the faecal sludge in the primary stage and thus to significant longer sludge storage times (time until emptying).
When investing in the sludge storage you invest in the tank, a building structure with an expected lifetime of over 50 years. Ten years ago, competitors of the utp team partly used 250 litres sludge storage per population equivalent (PE) in order to save construction money. Then, klärofix was the first SBR small wastewater treatment plant with the lush and innovative s2m dimensioning of over 425 litres per PE. Investing in a larger tank with the s2m technology amortizes already after two years because no sludge disposal is necessary.
s2m process management
In addition to the special dimensioning all klärofix small wastewater treatment plants have used the s2m process management for further sludge treatment from the very beginning. Various different technological factors e.g. the input of oxygen-rich water into the prechamber as well as the mixing of the latter contribute to the achievement of such long sludge storage times. Another advantage of this procedure is that an additional energy intensive aeration of the prechamber is not necessary.
The following three points are crucial in order to avoid trouble with annoying and expensive repairs:
We swear in wear-free, compressed air driven lifter without electric pumps. What is supposed to break? Our compressed air driven lifters survive definitely every electrical pump!
We think that power and water do not get along with each other so well. That is why we installed all live parts outside the tank in the control cabinet.
We do not have a lot of mechanics, however, the mechanics we have is very robust. That is why we use with all our small wastewater treatment plants only linear piston compressors with five years of warranty. Out of conviction. It could not be any better!
Our telemetry module for the remote monitoring of wastewater treatment plants increases the operational reliablilty. Due to the automatic daily status request, we know right away if something is wrong with the wastewater treatment plant. You can view all current data of the wastewater treatment plant comfortably from afar by means of a web platform.
Variations of klärofix
Thanks to a special production process, our monolith tanks convince with their premium quality and condition.
The klärofix SBR kit is pre-installed at the factory. The concrete tanks are manufactured with an extra-large sludge storage (¾ sludge storage and ¼ biology).
- monolithic, from a single mould without glue-joints
- of own production
- all traficability classes possible
- cost-effective and easily installed
- delivered with pre-installed klärofix kit and ready for connection
- extremely robust and persistent
- one or more tank design depending on the construction size
Our monolithic plastics tanks are made in one cast with the rotation system.
The klärofix SBR kit is pre-installed at the factory.
The plastics tanks are manufactured with an extra-large sludge storage (¾ sludge storage and ¼ biology).
- monolithic PE tank (polyethylene) manufactured in one cast without glue or welding joints
- of own production
- solid reinforcing ribs, thick-walled, dimensionally stable
- delivered with pre-installed klärofix kit and ready for connection
- moving the tank in the construction pit is possible without a crane
- extremely space-saving
- height variable dome shaft for different inlet heights
The klärofix SBR kit
For more than 10 years our klärofix has been among the absolute top range of small wastewater treatment plants. No SBR kit is like the other. Every klärofix kit is produced and dimensioned individually for every customer. That way we can achieve that the small wastewater treatment plant is adapted to the needs of the operator. We reach the highest degree of operational liability with low operation costs at the same time. That is exactly what we call sustainability!
- for the installation in a new concrete or plastics tank or for retrofitting an existing tank
- due to geometry and surface independency, a retrofitting of nearly every tank is easily possible
- we solely use air lifters, driven by compressed air without electrical pumps
- no wear and increased operational reliability
- no live parts in the tank
- all parts are made of wastewater resistant plastics or stainless steel
- easy and fast installation in tank
- available in all filtration levels (C, N, D, +H, +P)
- pre-installed klärcontrol® control unit on a mounting panel for wall installation
- available with the latest air distributer generation with step motor technology
- optional telemetry module for remote monitoring
The suitable control cabinet for the wall mounting is either available in sheet steel or alternatively in plastics. . All control cabinets will be delivered with the pre-installed klärofix control unit and ready for connection.
- for indoor and outdoor installation
- material optionally sheet steel, powder coated or glass fibre reinforced polyester
- factory equipped protection class/examination IP55
- cutouts factory equipped for hose and cable bushing
If a wall mounting is not possible or unwanted, you can install our outdoor columns easily freestanding close to the tank of the small wastewater treatment plant. We pre-install the klärofix control unit in the fibreglass reinforced outdoor columns and deliver them ready for connection.
- self-supporting plastic housing for outdoor installation
- stable design with integrated socket for earth placement
- no installation works at the house
- optional accessory like signal lamp and many more available